The Platform is operated by The Positive Room Private Limited, a company registered at 2, Venture Drive, #11-03, Vision Exchange, Singapore 608526. Company registration number: UEN201730034E.
The Platform is hosted by Weblink India Private Limited registered at: 33 & 33A, Rama Road, Industrial Area, Near Kirti Nagar Metro Station, New Delhi - 110015 (INDIA)
- What Information Does The Platform Collect?
- How Do We Use The Information Collected?
- Do We Use Your Information For Marketing Purposes?
- How and When Do We Disclose Information To Third Parties?
- What About My Own User Generated content?
- How Do I Change My Information And Communications Preferences?
- What About Third Party Information Collection Techniques?
- What About Security, Storage and International Transfer?
- Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
- What About Contacting You or Us For Information Or To Make A Complaint?
1. What Information Does The Platform Collect?
As a User, we may collect and process the following data from and about you:
- Information collected as part of any registration or interaction with the Platform, through information collection forms, or provided to us in meetings, correspondence or over the telephone. This includes information included within comments that you post on the Platform. The typical information that we collect includes your display name (which may be a pseudonym or your name), title, name, gender, date of birth, address, e-mail address, password, phone number, preferred language, preferences or other relevant contact details.
- Demographic information, such as information about your industry sector, that is not identifiable to you personally. We may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the Platform.
- Information collected as part of your visits to the Platform.
- Details of your use of products or services used in connection with the Platform.
- Details of any e-mail correspondence or any other social media interactions that you have with us.
- Cookie or other tracking information collected.
3. How Do We Use The Information Collected?
3.1. We may use your information that we collect about you:
(a) to improve the Platform, our products or services, to customize your experience on the Platform, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you;
(b) to contact you with regard to your use of the Platform and, in our discretion, changes to the Platform and/or Platform's policies;
(c) for internal business purposes;
(e) to provide you with information, products or services or process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive including sending to you electronic newsletters, or providing you with marketing materials;
(f) to enable you to participate in a variety of the Platform's features;
(g) to process your registration with the Platform, including verifying your information is active and valid;
(h) to identify you as the author of any comments that you send to us to be posted on the Platform;
(i) to ensure that content on the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
(j) to provide you with information relating to any events held by us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
(k) to provide you with access to your personal account.
3.2. To make the Platform more interesting and useful to you, the information that we collect from you when you use the Platform or request further products or services may be used for our own advertising and market research purposes.
3.3. We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as aggregated user statistics, with third parties, including through third party applications such as Google Analytics. Please refer to section 8 below for further information for third party information collection techniques.
4. Do We Use Your Information For Marketing Purposes?
4.1. We may use your data to contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about products, events and services which may be of interest to you. We will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out from this should you not wish to receive such information.
4.2. We may permit selected third parties to use your data to contact you by e-mail with information about products, events and services which may be of interest to you, provided that you have provided us with your consent to do this. If you do not want us or third parties to use your data in this way, please notify us of your wishes by e-mail or on the form on which we collect your data.
4.3. We may also contact you by phone or standard mail, depending upon your preferences.
5. How and When Do We Disclose Information To Third Parties?
5.1. We may share the information we have collected about you, including personal data, as follows:
(a) we may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as in relation to e-mail marketing, call centres or website hosting. In some cases the third party may receive your information;
(b) we may share the information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Platform or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other organisational change, including, during the course of any due diligence process; and
6. What About My Own User Generated Content?
7. How Do I Change My Information And Communications Preferences?
7.1. Upon request, we will remove your personal information from our Platform and/or our database. Users are also advised that upon written request you may access and/or request that any erroneous information about you be corrected.
7.2. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration.
7.3. You may cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the Platform by following the unsubscribe instructions contained within an applicable e-mail.
8. What About Third Party Information Collection Techniques?
9. What About Security, Storage And International Transfer?
9.1. The Platform and the information is stored on a host server located in the United States.
9.2. We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal data. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platform and provide us with your information at your own risk.
9.3. When you sign up to the Platform, you may also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another user at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password.
9.4. Please be aware that information we collect, including your personal data, may be transferred to, processed and stored outside of Singapore. The data protection laws in such jurisdictions may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your personal data may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely, including entering into appropriate data transfer agreements. By using the Platform or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer to, and processing and storage of your information in, these jurisdictions.
11. Privacy Principles
If you choose to provide The Positive Room with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in Singapore and India. The Positive Room adheres to Singapore's Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). The Positive Room will internally assess its policy and practices to ensure continuous compliance with the requirements of the PDPA guidelines. For more information, please refer to this website: https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/Legislation-and-Guidelines/Personal-Data-Protection-Act-Overview
12. What About Contacting You or Us For Information Or To Make A Complaint?
12.1. If we need to contact you, we will do so by post or e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided by you. You must notify us if you change your e-mail address.
12.2. If you would like to contact us for any further information or to make a complaint, please send an email to email@example.com
We and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Platform (“cookies”), which technologies may be downloaded to your computer or device and may set or modify settings on your computer or device. This information may include the browser that you are using, the URL that referred you to the Platform, the areas within the Platform that you visit and your activities there, and the time of day, among other information. A cookie is a data file placed on a computer or device when it is used to visit the Platform. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on your computer or device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in or downloaded by you to your computer or device.
Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
- System administration.
- Preventing fraudulent activities.
- Improving security.
- To improve the Platform and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our content, products and services.
- To speed up searches.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Understanding your referring sites.
- Remembering you and tracking your visits to and activities on the Platform.
- To recognise you when you return to the Platform or are online.
- To store information about preferences and so allow us to customise the Platform according to individual interests.
- To remember your contact form data to prevent you from having to enter the same data.
Demographic and Contextual-Related Cookies
- Delivering personalised content on the basis of the context of the information on our Platform and the known demographics of our visitors, including your geographic location.
By using this Platform, we are seeking to obtain your consent to use these various cookies. If you choose to disable cookies or Flash cookies on your computer or device, some features of the Platform may not function properly. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Also, these tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies go to Adobe’s website www.Adobe.com.
Version 1.1 Effective: Feb 1, 2018